Chapter 9 – VMware vRealize Automation: this chapter covers ‚Machine Blueprints‘ within vRealize Automation 7:
In the last chapter, we gave a brief overview of the basic principles and the design of blueprints. Now it is time to dig into there implementation. In detail, we will cover the following topics:
- First, we will show how to create blueprints and configure the basic settings.
- Then, we will dive into the setup of virtual and cloud machine provisioning. The amount of work required, when setting up your blueprints, varies based on the kind of provisioning. While setting up provisioning based on vSphere is quite easy, other types of provisioning such as Linux kickstart or WIM, can take a lot of time to implement.
In this chapter, you will learn:
- Basic Blueprint settings.
- Publishing Blueprints.
- Understanding of basic workflow.
- Provisioning of machines and the different methods of doing so.
Click the links below to read more:
Chapter 9 available for reading. Click here.
Click here to read the previous chapter 8 „Introducing Blueprints“
Click here to read the previous chapter 7 „Tenant implementation“
Click here to read the previous chapter 6 „Designing and Configuring“
Click here to read the previous chapter 5 „System Configuration“
Click here to read the previous chapter 4 „Deploying“
Click here to read the previous chapter 3 „Design“
Click here to read the previous chapter 2 „Architecture“